I have been nominated the “Sunshine Blogger Award” by a blog called The Thinking Pen, which has poetry, book reviews and more.
I’ve never been awarded for my blog but the way that this one works is —
Rules of the Award:
• Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog so others can find them.
• Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
• Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
• Notify the nominees about it by commenting on one of their blog posts.
• List the rules and display a Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or your blog site.
- Current book you are reading?
The Hunger Games
2. What is your favorite song?
I have no idea. Although I like music a lot I don’t really listen to it that much. I suppose, if I had to choose, I like the song “Wake Me Up” by Aloe Blacc.
3. Tell me your favorite poem and quote the lines you found beautiful.
I prefer stories over poems, so I have little experience with them. But if a song counts, then I’d go with the one I mentioned above. And although it’s kind of a big chunk of the song, my favorite part is the first stanza:
Feeling my way through the darkness
Guided by a beating heart
I can’t tell where the journey will end
But I know where to start
They tell me I’m too young to understand
They say I’m caught up in a dream
Well life will pass me by if I don’t open up my eyes
Well that’s fine by me
4. What inspires you to keep blogging?
Well… I suppose I just love to write. And sometimes I have a short story or something that I want to share, but maybe I’m not so determined that I want to enter it in a contest, or put it into a compilation and go to all the trouble of publishing it or something. A blog is an easier way to share work with the world.
Essentially, what keeps me going is just passion. I don’t make any money from my blog, so nothing really depends on that.
5. If you were given a chance to transport 50 years back, what would you do?
I would give people the creepy experience of some random girl in 1970 predicting the exact future and BEING RIGHT. 🤯
6. Tell me a happy memory of yours associated with blogging.
When I was seven years old and I made my first “website.” I couldn’t sleep that night.
7. What is your favorite book genre?
Fantasy, definitely. I love reading really creative fantasy books.
8. List three authors that you simply love.
I don’t really read that many books all by the same author, so my three favorite books would be completely different, but here are some authors that I’ve read more of and love:
- Alan Gratz
- Pam Muñoz Ryan
- Louis Sachar
9. Which do you prefer more, a series of books or an independent novel?
It depends on the book, but usually an independent novel. I tend to get bored of series sometimes…
10. One book which you read and thought “I wish I’d written this.”
The False Prince by Jennifer A. Nielsen.
11. Coffee in a cafe in the evening or snacks at a bar at night?
I don’t really drink caffeine but a warm cup of tea or hot cocoa is always extraordinarily satisfying. ❤
The 11 blogs I “nominate” are…
- Only 100 Words (the host of Three Line Tales)
- My Random Ramblings (the host of Six Word Stories)
- Lucy’s Works (the host of the Horror House Wednesday Flash Fiction Competition)
- Word Nerd Scribbles
- The Midwest Baker
- Observations of an Introvert
- Lisa Stapleton
- Roaring Flames Writing Club
- Falling Upwards
- A Writer’s Path
My questions for you:
- Why do you blog?
- What makes a book good?
- Whatever your blog is about, when and why did you get interested in that topic?
- If you had to choose one of the blogs you’re nominating that is your single favorite…
- What “genre(s)” of your niche do you like best? For example, for a cooking blog — desserts, meat, soups, etc. or for a writing blog (this one’s kind of obvious) — fantasy, short stories, horror, poetry, etc.
- Where do you get inspiration for your hobbies/interests/talents?
- Besides whatever your blog is about, what is your hobby/interest/talent?
- Which of your posts has been the most popular? Reflect on this… why, do you think? Do you agree, or are you annoyed by it? Is it really your best work or is it just what seems like would appeal to readers (in your opinion)?
- What motivates you in life? (This is a broad question – answer however you interpret it)
- Is this the first time you’ve gotten one of these awards?
- Do you ever feel nervous before publishing a blog post?
Note — if you were nominated and you don’t want to participate, or you only want to do parts of it, that’s fine.
Thanks for reading! Wow these posts take longer than I anticipated…
Shweta Suresh (My Random Ramblings) very kindly told me that she has already gotten multiple Sunshine Blogger Awards, and to please pass along the award to someone else who is not as well known but I think deserves it. So, I nominated The Mystic Wagon, a blog that I had just recently started reading, so I didn’t know it well when I chose my nominees. It is a great blog, please go check it out!