Tiny Tale Bundles Rules:
- There will be a prompt. This prompt might be a single word, a picture, a character, or something else.
- Write a ‘bundle’ of three different Tiny Tales inspired by the prompt.
- The word limit is one hundred words.
- If the prompt is a word, then using variations of the word (for example for the word “scratch,” the word “scratched”) is okay too.
- If you want to do this challenge, please properly credit by including a link to this blog post (if you are doing this challenge in blog post form).
- Optional: tag it with #tinytalebundles
- Optional: display the word count.
The prompt today is…
Tiny Tale #1
Kaley jumped, startled, as a warm hand was placed on her shoulder.
She whirled around to encounter Owen looking intently at her, his pale eyes glimmering wildly, trying to read Kaley’s expression. “What?” she asked defensively.
At first he was silent, and then the ends of his lips curled upward slightly. “What are you doing here?” he asked. “You’re a journalist, aren’t you?”
Kaley nodded, and Owen continued. “Well, this is the most noteworthy thing that’s ever happened in this stupid town! Get out there!”
Stunned, Kaley nodded quickly and sprinted toward the chaos, a grin spreading across her face.
Word count: 100
Tiny Tale #2
“Well, that was certainly a… a noteworthy experience,” Sawyer said, trying desperately to keep up his optimistic personality even in the most horrible circumstances.
Word count: 24
Tiny Tale #3
“You are to write an article every hour. Every hour. Every. Hour. Do you understand?”
“I don’t think I can find something noteworthy every hour, let alone write a whole–“
He slammed his palm on the table. “Do you want this job or not? Every hour!” he roared.
Word count: 48
Feel free to participate! ~ Which one was your favorite?