A couple weeks ago I wrote the beginning of a story and invited anyone to continue it by typing in a box at the bottom. We are on Part 3 now — and here it is.
First of all, let’s go over what’s happened so far. Click the links below to read the very short parts 1 and 2.
This third part is written by someone named PatBunny.
I chuckled to myself at my own ironic statement, then sighed, because that wasn’t the truth. How he’d managed to find out that secret of mine, I’ll never know.
All I did know was that I was in danger if I didn’t admit it soon enough. My fingers trembled as I closed my eyes. “I didn’t mean to steal the guitar; I swear I didn’t,” I say softly.
I feel something sharp against my skin, and I gasp. “Wait! Wait – ” My voice is drowned out by a hand covering my mouth is an effort to conceal my sounds.
I strain my ears and eyes to gauge the darkness around me, trying to take in the scene in my last moments.
There were flickering lights in the far off distance, shining almost like stars. The air was cool, the smell of lemon floating through the air like foam floats on the surface of the ocean. I took one last deep breath before the hand was removed and I was shoved to the ground, the cold concrete scratching the side of my cheek when I didn’t move fast enough to reach out and stop the fall with my arms.
“Be quiet, and listen to me closely.”
I nodded, still lying on the ground.
“There’s someone else in here with us.”
Anyone who wants to can continue this, even if you’ve never written anything for fun before. If you’re new or forgot, here are the rules:
- Please only submit a following part to the story. There is a space for comments below and no spam please.
- Submit using the box at the end of each post in this series. It makes things easier. Also, if you are submitting, say, a part 3, enter it in the box on the part 2 post, not the part 1 post.
- Keep it PG. No harsh language or PG-13+ scenes.
- NO racism, homophobia, sexism, etc.
- Length: A part can be as short as one sentence and as long as 800 words, but I’m not strict — 801 words is fine.
- Genre/style: Feel free to write in whatever style you want. You could even continue in a poem.
- Deadline: There is no set deadline, but if no one writes something within a week or two, I will write a part or ask someone I know to.