Tiny Tale Bundles Rules:
- There will be a prompt. This prompt might be a single word, a picture, a character, or something else.
- I will write a ‘batch’ of three different Tiny Tales inspired by the prompt.
- The word limit is one hundred words.
- If the prompt is a word, then I am allowed to use variations of the word, for example for the word “scratch,” the word “scratched” is okay too.
- If you want to do this challenge too, please properly credit by including a link to this blog post (if you are doing this challenge in blog post form).
- Optional: tag it with #tinytalebundles
- Optional: display the word count.
The prompt today is…
Tiny Tale #1
“No, no, no, no, I’m so stupid!” Helena cried softly.
She’d forgotten that the blue-moon butterflies came to the moon mushrooms every blue moon! Helena’s eyes filled with tears of fear. She looked up at the round moon staring at her like an eyeball. Now, with both the mushrooms and the butterflies, she would get an overdose of the all-healing moonlight she needed… what would happen? She couldn’t leave now. In the corner of her eye Helena could see a soft blue light coming closer. The butterflies. Helena leaned against the log, buried her head in her arms, and sobbed.
Word count: 100
Tiny Tale #2
“That’s not real.”
“Yes it is.”
“No, it’s not.”
“Yes, it is! I took the picture! Weren’t you wondering where I was last night?”
“Not really. No offense.”
“Fine. Whatever. Not like I care.”
Word count: 36
Tiny Tale #3
Ingrid sighed blissfully as she leaned against the massive oak tree. The bioluminescent mushrooms made the butterflies look like they were glowing. Now this, Ingrid thought, is what I call cool.
Word count: 31