Tiny Tale Bundles Rules:
- There will be a prompt. This prompt might be a single word, a picture, a character, or something else.
- I will write a ‘batch’ of three different Tiny Tales inspired by the prompt.
- The word limit is one hundred words.
- If the prompt is a word, then I am allowed to use variations of the word, for example for the word “scratch,” the word “scratched” is okay too.
- If you want to do this challenge too, please properly credit by including a link to this blog post (if you are doing this challenge in blog post form).
- Optional: tag it with #tinytalebundles
- Optional: display the word count.
The prompt today is…
Tiny Tale #1
She did whatever she could, but no matter how much Ella tried to stand out, she always fell back into the melancholy rhythm of those around her. She knew she was the next target.
Ella wore a vibrant blue jacket, but even it seemed to fade in color when she walked with the group. “Hello,” she attempted greeting a man next to her, but he ignored her and kept walking, head forward, gazing longingly at nothing.
I need to get out of this place, she thought. Before what has happened to everyone else happens to me.
Word count: 96
Tiny Tale #2
“Did I miss something?” Makayla wondered aloud, looking around.
“Obviously,” someone replied. “Haven’t you heard? Grey is the ‘new blue’ now.”
Word count: 21
Tiny Tale #3
She looked like an angel amongst a pack of storm clouds. Her long, silky hair streamed down her denim jacket. The sun seemed to shine its spotlight only on her. Her face was the most beautiful he’d ever seen, despite it showing a troubled expression.
He sighed and turned to walk the other way. She deserved better than him.
“Are you lost, sir?” a voice said behind him.
He turned back around and saw her, looking curiously at him. She blushed and blabbered, “I mean, not that it’s any of my business, you were just turning round and round…”
Word count: 99